Are you a real estate professional eager to tap into the power of Google Plus? Would you like to expand your efforts, but don’t know how?
As the connected world continues to evolve, knowing how to make the most of this social powerhouse is essential.
Not just a social network, Google Plus is also a key component within the Google ecosystem. From Google Drive to Hangouts, Google+ integrates each aspect to create a powerful social platform.
As a social network, Google Plus has a reach of 41 million. While Facebook continues to lead the pack with 1.28 billion monthly active users, Google Plus offers benefits you might not be aware of.
Google Plus is not only tied to the world’s largest search engine but also offers a feature-rich interface unlike any you’ve ever seen.
Want to reach a unique audience and create better Google Plus real estate connections? Lets dive in!
How to Create Better Google Plus Real Estate Connections
Create a Click-Worthy Profile
Your Google Plus profile is a digital representation of your real estate business. Don’t miss the opportunity to share your story, skills, background and differentiators that separate you from the competition.
As a real estate agent, developing a well-defined Google Plus profile can lead to SEO benefits for your business. It can also act as a connector, allowing anyone that lands on your profile to quickly determine why they would want to connect.
What should you share on your profile?
- Add your tagline – Has your company created a tagline? How are you using it within your business? Your tagline will help brand your business. It becomes your signature phrase, one that makes your company instantly recognizable.
- Share your skills – Share your designations, continuing education and special skill set that makes you unique. And don’t skimp on the details. Google Plus offers a lot of real estate under the “About” section, don’t be shy when sharing facts important to a buyer or seller.
- Links to other online properties – Add links to your website, blog and other social networks. Don’t make it difficult for potential clients to connect with you, no matter where they choose to engage.
- Answer questions – Wouldn’t it be great if buyers and sellers could land on your profile and instantly find answers to their most pressing questions? They can! Create a Q and A section where you offer answers to today’s most frequently asked questions. Be a resource first, a sales person second!
Now that you’ve spruced up your profile, it’s time to get involved in the conversation.
Whether you’re eager to interact with industry professionals or potential homebuyers, Google Plus makes it easy.
[Tweet “Eager to interact with industry professionals or potential homebuyers? Google Plus makes it easy.”]
Here’s your to-do list:
1. Find five industry professionals within your area by using the search feature and search operators within Google Plus. Here’s how:
Type: “real estate” and “your city” (replace “your city” with your community, state or city). You’re instantly given a list of people, pages, posts and communities including those terms.
2. Use hashtags to find anyone using a specific word or phrase. For example: #losangeles will provide results of anyone using that hashtag. While it might not bring real estate specific results, it will help you put your finger on the pulse of conversation around your city or community.
3. Navigate to the “Communities” tab within that search, and you’ll see all communities relevant to that search. Communities, similar to Facebook groups, are a great place to get involved in conversations already happening around topics important to you and potential clients.
4. Begin to comment on other people’s posts. This is one of the best ways to help establish credibility and authority.
Use The Hangout Feature
Video is a powerful way to connect with your potential clients. While producing a video might feel painful, creating a Hangout is incredibly easy.
Use Hangouts to improve your visibility and position yourself as the go-to industry expert.
Not sure how to use Hangouts within your real estate business?
- Share local market data and offer your advice on how to best navigate the current home buying or selling process.
- Share slides from your latest presentation. Take each slide and create a tip or tutorial that makes your clients lives easier or better.
- Conduct industry interviews and discuss today’s most pressing conversations happening within your local market.
- Answer frequently asked questions.
- Share client success stories.
- Provide solutions that enable buyers and sellers to make educated decisions.
Google Plus is a veritable wonderland of opportunity. No matter how you choose to find and interact with your target audience, Google Plus will give you the tools to do it faster and in real-time.
If you haven’t spent time on Google Plus, there’s no time like the present. It’s a fun, interactive and vibrant community just waiting for you to join!