Have you heard about Facebook live or seen a few of your associates on Facebook doing a live event? If not you may be familiar with Periscope or Meerkat. They are live streaming apps for the social media world.
Facebook launched this amazing feature in January 2016. Initially, this feature was app based and only accessible from your mobile device or tablet. Now, most of the world can live stream from their desktop.
Why use Facebook Live? Great Question!
Video will contribute to over 90% of the internet traffic by 2018. Understanding what an audience does online makes it easier for a business owner to get their message, brand or content in their social network.
By using Facebook live or any video content we’re able to instantly build rapport with our target audience. However, the secret ingredient is consistency. We need to continue to make content that is educating, entertaining and real (authentic).
Facebook Live allows the user to live stream video to their friends from their profile, to groups and their business page. Create content that will educate, entertain and showcase the business in real time.
What do I talk about?
I absolutely love the live concept, it allows us as the business owners to get in front of our audiences and share a number of topics.
- You can have your own Facebook TV show
- Answer questions
- Invite guest speakers to your event
- Engage with your clients in real time
It’s a very easy feature to use. The live video icon is on your mobile device. Tap this icon and give your broadcast a title and go live! Your friends, business fans, and group members are notified of your live event and can join you instantly.
This gives a business owner immediate interaction and engagement with our fans. If you’re a little bit shy or have a fear of public speaking set the audience view to private and practice a little to gain confidence.
When should you go Live?
I strongly suggest once you are confident, to start a regular TV show or series. Set a time every week to go live with a topic that interests your audience.
What else can I do with Live video?
Once you’ve finished your live event, Facebook will ask if you’d like to save to your camera roll. Once the video is saved you can repurpose your content.
When I’m finished with my Facebook live event, I get a transcription of my video from Rev.com. The price is very reasonable at $1 per minute. I now have a Word doc that I can use as a blog post on my website. Insert the video from Facebook above the blog post text and instant website content too.
I then upload to YouTube using the keywords that attract views.
Since I also have the video on my device, I can send a snippet to SnapChat and Instagram.
A very easy way to create content, wouldn’t you agree?
Easy-peasy Facebook content
Creating content for Facebook doesn’t need to be hard or time-consuming.
Let me recap the steps:
- Create a theme around what you want to do on Facebook (educate, train, Q&As, interviews etc).
- Schedule a time and day each week to broadcast your live event.
- Share with your email database or other social media platforms that you’ll be live at this date and time.
- Go live and talk about your topic.
- Save to your device and right click on the post to obtain the URL of the video.
- Go to www.rev.com and share the URL (this will cost $1 per minute of video).
- Receive the transcript and do a little editing (removing ums, ahs and so’s).
- Upload this as a blog post and add the video.
- Go to m.facebook.com and insert the URL of Facebook live event (this site will allow you to download it to your PC).
- or/ upload directly to Youtube.com from your device.
- Using keywords name your new content on YouTube.com
- Share the original video to SnapChat, Instagram, and Twitter. Send the traffic back to your blog post to read or see more.
This is a very simple and effective way to create amazing content that can be repurposed across multiple platforms.
Feel free to join me every week on my own Facebook event.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed this. Feel free to share with your networks.