Employment expert Alison Doyle defines social recruiting as when companies and recruiters use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and and other social media sites to source and recruit candidates for employment. Although LinkedIn is notorious for headhunters contacting potential candidates, it should be noted that Twitter and Facebook can be equally used for social recruiting, although in different manners. That being said, no other social networking website is geared towards making it easier to find your ideal candidate – or fill your talent pipeline – than LinkedIn is. When I talk nationally and ask attendees how many of them have ever been contacted by a company or recruiter on LinkedIn for a potential position, on average 75% of the hands will go in the air.
Social recruiting obviously starts with your own personal profile and then using the tools provided for you to find – and then engage with – your potential candidate. The problem is that your competitors are doing the exact same thing that you are, so in order to attract and land the best talent, you need to do more. Fortunately, LinkedIn has optimized their Company Pages to allow your company to better represent yourself within the LinkedIn community, and therefore attract talent to consider joining your team.
I recently wrote a guest blog post for iStrategy, an organizer of international conferences on digital and social media, on this topic of optimizing your Company Page for social recruitment. This post includes the following advice:
- Telling your Company-Employee story
- Making use of the Careers Tab
- Letting your Employees do the talking
- Importance of frequently updating your Company Profile
- Promoting your Company Page
You can check out the full blog post here. And if you are in Europe and are interested in leveraging LinkedIn for your recruiting, marketing, or sales efforts, join me when I speak in London at the iStrategy conference on May 22.
There are obviously many things you can do to optimize your social recruiting efforts on LinkedIn. What other things would you recommend?
Looking for more LinkedIn advice? Check these posts out!
- [Free Ebook] Maximizing LinkedIn for Business (Revised for 2018)
- Professional LinkedIn Profile Tips: A Checklist of 17 Must-Have Items
- LinkedIn Profile Tips: The 10 Mistakes You Want to Avoid and Why
- The Ultimate LinkedIn Profile Tips Summary [Infographic] + 8 Stats
- 5 Steps To Connect With People Outside Your Network On LinkedIn
- How Do I Disconnect from Someone on LinkedIn?
- What Do I Put in My LinkedIn Profile if I am a College Student?
- LinkedIn Account Restricted? You May Have Been Too Active on LinkedIn!
- What is a LinkedIn LION?
- 20 LinkedIn LIONs & Super Connectors You MUST Connect With!