Today’s blog post was contributed by my guest, Ann Smarty, who I have gotten to know through her managing the LinkedIn Subgroup “The Guest Blogger.” Her post is about my preferred Twitter tool which I am also passionate about and use in my own social media consulting and implementation, Hootsuite, which just today released new Social CRM features allowing you to filter tweets by Klout score or keyword. Ann is also currently Director of Media for BlueGlass.
Business power Tweeters can rejoice – the tool you need is finally here. Any business who has a social media policy and uses Twitter or Facebook extensively to reach out to customers now can fully manage their social activities through this site.
Hootsuite is an evolution of Twitter management that started out as “Brightkit” in 2008. While Brightkit began with potential, the creators found that the name was not in line with their services. Subsequently, the company updated their service features, changed the name to Hootsuite, and developed a winning product that is more than suitable for business and personal social media activities.
Hootsuite offers numerous features that result in maximum benefits to business mini-bloggers. Here is a look at a few of the best ones:
Manage Multiple Social Networks
Hootsuite allows a user to integrate multiple social networking sites into one manageable location. The first and main network is Twitter, giving you the ability to manage multiple Twitter accounts. And alongside Twitter, Hootsuite helps you manage accounts with Facebook, LinkedIn, and the ability to update a host of other social networks through Ping.fm.
Create and Manage Team Workflow
Hootsuite allows accounts to add as many users as they want. New users can be added from around the country and be given editorial permissions to update certain feeds and share tweeting responsibilities.
Create Twitter Lists
If you follow any number of Twitter accounts, managing and reading all the feeds can be nearly impossible. Hootsuite allows you to create lists of Twitter followers so you can more easily read their updates.
Customize URLs and Upload Files
Your tweets or other updates with links or files are a breeze with Hootsuite tools. It uses its own URL shortening function that allows you to customize URL parameters. If you want to share a file with your tweets or other updates like a photo, Hootsuite instantly converts the file into a shortened ow.ly link embedded into your update.
Scheduling tweets is a feature that many businesses have demanded, but few have provided. Hootsuite allows a business to pre-write a number of tweet updates and schedule them for later posting onto Twitter. This allows you to provide new and fresh Twitter content any time of day.
New iPhone and Droid App
Hootsuite works with the iPhone and Droid mobile devices. Now your Hootsuite team can perform their social media duties anywhere.
Hootsuite tracking provides you with comprehensive data about how many clicks your tweets are getting, where they are located geographically,
So what does all this mean for your business? The Hootsuite social management tool gives you many benefits:
Manage your brand
- – Through Hootsuite, you can find out what people are saying about your company. Track backlinks and retweets, and follow how your tweets are circulating.
- – Hootsuite gives your business added productivity with easy team workflow, tweet scheduling, stat tracking, all in one place.
Better Social Policy Communication
- – Your business can more easily manage how it executes its social media policy through unified interaction with all social media team members.
Indeed, HootSuite makes tweeting for businesses more productive, intuitive, and effective.
Looking for more Twitter advice? Check these posts out!
- How to Send a Tweet with a Clickable Image [Updated for 2018]
- 6 Reasons Why Your Twitter Account May Be Restricted (Without Your Knowing It)
- 5 Awesome Twitter Features You Should Use Now
- 6 Twitter and Social Media Contest Ideas Worth Exploring
- 4 Alternative Ways to Search Twitter for People by Location
- 6 Ways to Start Using Twitter in Your Real Estate Business TODAY
- Twitter Followers vs Following: What is the Ideal Ratio?
- 11 Clever Ways to Get More Retweets Right Now
- How Twitter is Changing the Rules for Social Media Marketing
- 3 Crazy Cool Chrome Extensions for Twitter You’ll Love