If you think of Facebook as just a fun way to keep up with old friends, think again. Facebook has turned into a major business tool. If you’re serious about your business, you should also be serious about making the most out of your fan page – and getting as many fans as possible.
According to Facebook, the site has more than 1 billion users! And, people spend more than 700 billion minutes on Facebook each month! Still think it’s a site that’s just for fun?
Here’s how it can work for you – the more fans you have, the more people that are seeing your products, the more people that are visiting your website, and the more people that are spending their money with you.
So, how do you get more fans? Follow these 4 tips:
1. Integrate Facebook into your marketing scheme
Add a button on your website, a link in your email signature, and even a small notation on your company letterhead and business cards. Make it easy for people to find your Facebook page and become a fan of it. In today’s world, giving out your company’s Facebook information can be just as important as giving out your phone number of email address. If you are running an ecommerce site, many shopping carts allow you to easily integrate Facebook like buttons on your product pages.
2. Make your page relevant and interesting
The need for quality, solid information doesn’t stop just because you’re on Facebook. People need a reason to become your fan. A page that never changes, or a page that is nothing but sales hype is not going to do it. Instead, people are going to want to see new updates and new developments. In fact, you can even put exclusive content on there, so that people have to be your fan to get it!\
3. Use freebies to your advantage
Free stuff is a great motivator! Giving everyone who becomes your fan a coupon is a great way to entice more fans. Or, enter all of your new fans in a contest, and give the winner a gift certificate. If people think they’ll get something out of it, they’ll be more likely to become your fan.
4. Ask your list
If you already have a list of email subscribers, you are one step ahead. Obviously, these people like you, your business, and your approach, so they’re the perfect choice to become your Facebook fans – and encourage their friends to become your fans! All it takes is a quick email to your list, letting them know that you’ve launched a page, and you’d like them to spread the word. Chances are, a lot of them will.
Today’s blog post was written by my guest Kirsty LaVier, who is editor for Shopping Cart Reviews, the leading shopping cart software information website.
Looking for more Facebook marketing advice? Check these posts out!
- Here’s What Your Facebook Posts Should Look Like in 2018
- How to Sort Your Facebook News Feed
- What are Facebook Dark Posts and How to Use Them
- How to Write Facebook Comments That Trigger Positive Feedback
- Ways to Overcome the 20% Text Rule for Facebook Ads
- Facebook Mid-Roll Video Ads: Are They the Right Call?
- Understanding Those Mysterious Facebook Spam Messages You May Be Receiving
- Is Your Facebook Business Page DEAD?
- Why Your Facebook Live Videos Aren’t Working
- Facebook Ads Placement: A Simple Guide to Getting It Right
- Facebook Ads Text Limit Rule Change: What You Should Know
- How to Add an Email Subscription Form to Facebook
- The Difference Between Facebook Profile, Pages and Groups
- Facebook Marketing Strategy for Small and Medium Businesses
- 10 Rules for Effective Facebook Marketing