With the ease of instant access to the internet and the millions that log on to social media on a daily basis, Facebook is now the leading social media platform to advertise on.
Traditional advertising campaigns can be expensive, but Facebook ads are a more economical alternative with the potential to reach your exact ideal customer audience. Creative Facebook ads with well-planned campaigns can help increase engagement, website traffic, and sales.
Increasing your Facebook Engagement
As a business owner, increasing sales is your ultimate goal. Basically, increased sales equal increased profit potential. Advertising is an important way to reach potential customers. Invest some dollars in reaching your ideal potential customers, and if the resulting sales are significant, the ROI on the Ad investment is worthwhile. To be successful, your Facebook ads will need to be attractive to entice your future customers and targeted to get to the exact audience desired.
Optimize your Business Page
Before creating your Facebook ads, spend some time on your Facebook page. Many of your interested potential customers will research your company or products after seeing your ad.
An unclear, outdated page won’t grab your future client’s attention. Make sure your Facebook company page is welcoming and you’ll need to be actively posting to attract attention. The longer your potential customer views your page, the better your chances are to sell your products or brand.
- Complete your company’s description with short, easy to read sentences that clearly describes your product or brand message.
- Add a tempting cover photo of your product or a photo that expresses your brand message. Add your logo as your profile picture.
- Fill out every single piece of information on your company, including hours of service, address, phone number, and directions to the business, if applicable.
- Post content that your customers will value on a daily basis. This should be a mix of information about your business and products, and content you curate from similar businesses with similar customers. Positive quotes are engaging and often shared. They’re a great thing to post on your business page.
- Use one or two hashtags so that search engine can easily find your posts and so that on Facebook your Page is discoverable by those searching hashtags.
- Promote your Facebook page on your company’s website, business cards, and other traditional marketing pieces to ensure the widest reach and awareness.
- Use Facebook social plugins on your website. With a click of a button, a customer can like your page to be current with the daily happenings of your company. By following your page, your posts will show up in your fans newsfeed, keeping you at the top of your potential client’s mind when looking for a product or service like yours.
- Quickly address user’s complaints or concerns about a specific product or service to show you care and respond. It doesn’t have to be resolved in comments but show care and direct them to Message you.
Optimizing your Facebook Ads
After optimizing your company’s page for success, you’ll need to design your Facebook ads to increase engagement. Your Facebook ad has options on where to appear with the News Feed and mobile News Feed being two of the most useful.
When designing your ad, remember the law of attraction. You want people to stop scrolling through their individual daily newsfeed to focus on your ad. The design and information must grab your potential clients attention within seconds. With all the devices people use Facebook on, you’ll need to design a mobile-friendly ad for best viewing.
Who is your Target Audience?
When you know who your target audience is, and you write specifically for them you’ll increase your audience. When you design your ad, remember who you’re trying to attract.
- Location of users
- Homeowners or renters
- Computer or mobile user
When creating and running your Facebook ad, consider every detail of your target audience. The ad must be meaningful to the user who’s online at the time the ad appears. By knowing the time your target demographic audience is logged in, you’ll be able to time your ads to get the most eyeballs and grow your potential sales.
Use Bright Colors, Photographs, and Cartoons to Capture Attention
High-quality photographs and even cartoon characters can draw a user’s attention instantly improving your chances of people clicking on your ad. Facebook ads need to be visual, so they catch attention. The ad may also contain vital info about your product and services, though Facebook is limiting text in ad images to 20% max of the space. Unfortunately, without this visual, attention-grabbing material, your ad won’t capture attention.
- Photos should be clear, crisp and mobile friendly
- Bright colors draw eyes to the ads
- Images should convey the emotion of your ad message with a quick glance
Include a Value Proposition
Tell your reader why they should click on your ad. Why is your product different and better than similar products? Why should a viewer click on your ad? The wording of the ad needs to give clear, concise reasons to click for more information.
Your ad should be believable. A coupon or discount is a more compelling reason to click than “world’s greatest”.
Explain why your product or service is better than similar products and services. Consistency and credibility are critical with any type of value proposition on a Facebook ad. False or misleading information can harm your company’s reputation.
Comments and complaints can be quickly spread in a short period of time. The Facebook ad should direct the viewer to either your businesses website or Facebook page. Reinforcing your ad message on your website and Facebook page will reinforce your credibility.
A Call to Action is a Must Have
Your ad should include a clear call to action. Why should the viewer click on your ad? A compelling call to action increases your chances for engagement.
- Offer a first-time customer discount
- Offer a BOGO, a free product or service with purchase of another item
- Include an expiration date to imply an urgency
As with any advertising campaign, monitoring and analyzing your effort is vital to increasing engagement activity. Facebook uses precise metrics to track all forms of engagement to your company page. By using your page’s performance info, you can adjust your ads to increase engagement. With the right mixture of strategic techniques, your Facebook ads will increase your page’s activity with quality engagement.
Looking for more Facebook marketing advice? Check these posts out!
- Here’s What Your Facebook Posts Should Look Like in 2018
- How to Sort Your Facebook News Feed
- What are Facebook Dark Posts and How to Use Them
- How to Write Facebook Comments That Trigger Positive Feedback
- Ways to Overcome the 20% Text Rule for Facebook Ads
- Facebook Mid-Roll Video Ads: Are They the Right Call?
- Understanding Those Mysterious Facebook Spam Messages You May Be Receiving
- Is Your Facebook Business Page DEAD?
- Why Your Facebook Live Videos Aren’t Working
- Facebook Ads Placement: A Simple Guide to Getting It Right
- Facebook Ads Text Limit Rule Change: What You Should Know
- How to Add an Email Subscription Form to Facebook
- The Difference Between Facebook Profile, Pages and Groups
- Facebook Marketing Strategy for Small and Medium Businesses
- 10 Rules for Effective Facebook Marketing