Pinterest is an excellent platform for real estate professionals to build buzz, credibility and visibility around their personal brand. While it’s no secret that an online presence and the effective use of social media is a critical component in today’s web driven world, many agents have still been slow to embrace the power behind Pinterest.
However, the numbers revealing Pinterest’s explosive growth speak for themselves. With over 70 million active users, it’s a social site that can no longer be ignored.
Power Up Pinterest in Your Biz
Adding Pinterest to your marketing mix is a valuable way to get your message in front of a much larger audience. And it’s an audience that is eager to buy. Studies show that Pinterest generates over 400% more revenue per click than Twitter and 27% more than Facebook.
It is also targeted towards people who like to shop, browse and engage online. So how can your real estate business benefit from this visual social site?
Below are five ways you can start to market your business to the exact right audience using Pinterest!
Share Captivating Images
The pinning and liking on Pinterest works like a rating system where the most pinned and most liked images get the most visibility. This means your images must stand out to not only attract consumers, but also encourage them to interact and share.
Whether it is your latest blog post, event pictures or a video to your latest virtual tour, pinning your content creates awareness around your personal brand and allows you to begin building credibility and influence.
Plus, as you pin your content, a direct link to the original source is created. This allows anyone viewing your image to click directly through to your website.
Make Your Listings SHINE
Since Pinterest relies on pictures to tell the story around your listing, it is critical that you take professional grade photos.
Create a board specifically for your listings and share the most eye-catching images with a well-crafted description. As you can imagine, the description has all most as much to do with a consumer clicking through as the image does.
For example, lets say you are sharing a beautiful new build with amazing views. Would you click on “4 bed, 3 bath new construction, incredible views” or “Beautiful home on one of the highest lots around with views for miles and miles. All it needs is you to make it home!”
Vibrant pictures and scintillating descriptions are your currency here!
Know Your Audience
Know your niche and make sure your content is consistent and relevant. What are their interests?
Share tips about your community, answers to buyer and seller frequently asked questions, favorite local hangouts, free things to do in your area and how-to’s that alleviate the stress and concern that can revolve around the home buying and selling process.
Don’t Forget the Basics
- Complete your profile! Add all keywords you are interested in ranking for, add your bio or be descriptive. Explain who you are, what you do for a living, what you enjoy pinning and sharing and how others can connect with you online.
- Start following! Begin to follow pinners with similar interests and content. Then start to build a relationship by pinning their blog posts, repining, liking and commenting on their content.
- Get more followers! When someone pins or repins your content it shows up for all of their followers which means they’re able to repin it and continue to pass it on.
- Promote your Pinterest page by posting to Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
- Add the “Follow me on Pinterest” button to your blog and website
- Add the “Pin It” button to all of your blog images making it easy for anyone to instantly share