Wow. It’s hard to believe it’s been 5 weeks since my last blog post. This is the first time in many months that I haven’t blogged for such a long period of time. It isn’t that I didn’t want to blog, as I am always thinking of things to say, but I really needed to use all of my creative time to finish my 2nd social media book, which I hope to be formally announcing next week.
Not blogging for such a long time gave me some time to think about what blogging means to me and why I feel the need to keep publishing my thoughts. But if you have been avoiding blogging or just don’t see the benefits in doing so, here’s why you should be blogging should you make the time to do so:
Your Business Should be Strategically Blogging – I mentioned in a blog post several months ago that almost every social media strategy should have a blog component in it. The benefits of business blogging are huge: One of my clients literally doubled their website traffic with just 2 blog posts aligned with a social media strategy that I had created. I have already illustrated some case studies for B2B business blogging which shows real results can be had no matter how niche your industry. I realize that for many businesses and small business owners they just don’t have time to sit down and write blog posts, but for them I say 2 things:
- Business blogging will increase your Inbound Marketing and bring you more prospects over time, making your business development activities more efficient and shortening your sales cycle.
- If you don’t have time for business blogging, hire an expert. There are an abundance of writers out there that, with experience and training in your company culture and products, can lend a very needed helping hand. You can also try the excellent services provided by Constant Content.
Professionals Should Begin to Blog (as outlined in my post 7 Reasons to Start Blogging)
- Blogging is the Best Way to Build & Showcase Your Personal Brand
- Blogging Helps Differentiate You from Everyone Else
- Blogging Brings You New Opportunities
- Blogging is the Ultimate Pay It Forward
- You’re Already Tweeting…Why Not Add Your Own Original Views in More Depth?
- You Can Start to Monetize Your Knowledge
- Because You Can
There is an 8th reason which I just remembered recently after taking time off my blog and concentrating on finishing my book:
8. Leave Your Legacy
We don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but we each have unique and rich experiences in life to share today. Doesn’t publishing this content potentially help others in the future? If something was to happen to us today, wouldn’t we want to equip our followers with our knowledge so that they can utilize it to better their future?
This blog began as a simple way to help others by answering questions about social media. As I am about to publish my 2nd book, I look forward to continuing this mission with additional passion, sharing my experience and ideas in hopes that it might help you, my reader. There is no upsell and no holding back – I am devoted to helping you and hoping that you can leverage this website for your business and professional benefit. I cannot promise you that I will blog x times per week going forward, as the publication of organic ideas should not be governed by an editorial calendar. I will promise you, however, that when I do blog, it will be for real.
What is your reason for blogging?