Before even building your social media dream team, I think it’s important to consider the components that will comprise what a social media team looks like. With many smaller companies these roles will often be shared by the same people, but in an ideal world your social media dream team would consist of the following:
- Content Creator: Content is the currency of social media.
- Visual Content Creator: As content is the currency of social media, you need to have a visual guru on staff for all your visual needs.
- Creative Genius: Someone who has time to immerse themselves in the shoes of your audience and come up with creative ways of telling your brand’s story regardless of content format.
- Community Manager and Engager: This is your people-person, your “engager,” who will be called upon for influencer relationships.
- Social Media Manager: Who is going to do the actual running of the accounts, checking of notifications, and making sure that everything runs smoothly per your editorial calendar?
- Social Listener: There is an incredible amount of business intelligence that can be gleaned from social listening.
- Data Analyst: Data analytics are going to be key to understanding both the needs of your community as well as how to best optimize every part of your social media program.
- Internet Researcher: Whether it be researching for the perfect content to curate, ideas to incorporate into blog posts, or statistics for infographics, there will undoubtedly be a role for someone who’s focus is to research ideas.
- Social Media Strategist: The team member who oversees the overall strategy, day-to-day operations, and ultimately the ROI of your social media program.
Now that you’ve seen the varied pieces that go into a social media dream team, how do you go about building one? I’m excited to collaborate with Microsoft Office in introducing their Small Business Academy webcast on this very subject of How to Build Your Dream Team. The webcast was today, but you can still sign up to see the replay.
You can sign up for the webcast replay here, and the agenda is as follows:
· · Best-selling author and CEO of Predictable Success, Les McKeown, will focus on the leadership equation and reveal the four types of leaders you need to make a team thrive and how to develop your own natural leadership style.
· Head of People and Culture at Rover.com, Jovana Teodorovic, will focus on workplace culture and share her secrets to competing for top talent and creating a workplace culture that no employee wants to leave.
· The webcast will also feature an exclusive look inside Microsoft Teams, the new chat-based workspace in Office 365 that brings people and projects together to help your team be more productive.
I’m excited that the focus will be on the factors needed to build your dream team: Leadership, Culture, and Technology. It’s easy to forget about the technology part, but in this hyper-connected world of today, having the right tools is essential to your success as well.
If you haven’t heard of the Microsoft Office Small Business Academy you’re in for a treat – it’s a monthly series created for small business owners as a source of ideas, inspiration, and smarter ways of running a business. Featured experts and analysts give accessible, real-world advice, ready to be put to use by entrepreneurs, creative professionals, techies, and leaders who’d rather be the boss than work for one.
Won’t you join me in viewing the webcast? You can sign up here.
What do you think of my social media dream team? Any other roles that you would add, remove, or perhaps combine?
FTC disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I only work with products, events and/or companies I believe my readers will benefit from. All opinions are mine. This is disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.