Social Media Marketing for Real Estate Agents: The Right Solution for Your Business
Social media marketing is quickly gaining steam within the real estate community. In fact, 90% of all licensed agents are now utilizing one or more social media platforms to market and grow their business. (Source: NAR Social Media Statistics)
And it’s none too soon.
With over 70% of consumers utilizing social tools throughout the home buying and selling process, knowing how to leverage the tremendous power of social media is crucial.
As savvy real estate professionals embrace the idea of this marketing medium, the need for education is essential. Below you will learn seven tips on how to best maximize your potential and capitalize on each of the top social media platforms.
1. Build a Credible Reputation
Building a credible online reputation is a must to gaining trust and earning the business of today’s shrewd online consumer. In an industry where it is now highly probable that a buyer or seller will research an agent’s background prior to connecting face-to-face, establishing a prominent online presence is vital.
Potential clients are now making assumptions based on the social media and online presence (or lack thereof) of an agent before making contact.
To be regarded as an authority in the real estate field, you must provide quality content that speaks to the needs of both buyers and sellers.
Social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus act as an extension of your website and blog. They provide a portal to valuable information on topics such as local market conditions, industry insight and tips regarding selling or buying a house.
2. Add Lead Generation Fuel
The Internet and social media have transformed traditional marketing methods paving the way for new media networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and StumbleUpon.
Each of the above social channels provides a unique user experience and an additional way for real estate professionals to locate and connect with potential consumers.
It’s no secret that your website, when used correctly, can be a powerful lead generation system. Add to the mix a strategic social media marketing campaign and you now have the fuel to skyrocket your lead generation efforts.
3. Connect with Like-Minded Real Estate Professionals
Social networking giants Facebook and LinkedIn bring together like-minded professionals in a space where sharing industry insight and success strategies are encouraged.
Two ways to find industry professionals:
- Get actively involved in Facebook groups relevant to your niche. Identify the top groups where you can learn, engage and grow from a community willing to give of their time, knowledge and expertise.
- LinkedIn groups are another way to discover industry professionals interested in building meaningful business relationships. Search for groups based on keywords specific to your industry or niche. Once you have found 2 or 3 relevant groups, make sure you are actively involved by asking questions, commenting and sharing information several times per week.
4. Diversify Your Marketing Efforts
Diversifying your marketing efforts can expand your reach and give birth to additional revenue streams not previously available through traditional marketing.
By mixing social media with online advertising, public relations and blogging, you have the ability to grow your personal brand beyond the limitations surrounding old school marketing methods.
However, don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. A healthy mix of new and traditional marketing will protect your business from relying too heavily on any one marketing strategy. Keep your marketing fresh and constantly evolving so if one channel fails, it’s not the end of the world for you or your business.
5. Save Time and Money
While the myth continues to abound, the truth is that social media is not free. After all, time is money and social media marketing done correctly definitely takes time.
Nevertheless, it can be a fairly inexpensive way to reach potential customers.
To attract fans and followers, consider sharing:
- Content that speaks to the specific needs and concerns of home buyers and sellers. This includes videos, blog posts, whitepapers and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Thought leadership articles from your blog or website that discuss industry trends and market indicators
- Videos that allow consumers to connect with you on a more personal level
- Run contests that build community and drive engagement. An example is a photo contest that includes your brand logo or mascot in front of an easily identifiable local hot spot. Do this weekly asking your fans to comment on where you’re located. Make sure to check Facebook’s strict sweepstakes guidelines before running any contest and read this excellent article on running a successful Facebook promotion.
6. Boost Website Traffic
Sharing your blog posts and videos to social networking sites puts your content in front of an audience hungry for your expertise.
Creating new and original content on a consistent basis allows your fans, followers and subscribers to then share your information across their social channels expanding your reach even further.
Updating your content frequently also helps your blog PageRank based on Google’s affinity towards fresh content. This can affect your website position and potentially push it higher in search results.
Landing on page one for your desired keywords will automatically attract more organic traffic, which can then be converted into leads and eventually paying customers.
7. Nurture Relationships
Social media is extremely useful when it comes to keeping in touch with your current and previous clients. By connecting with them on Facebook and other social networks, you can build a bridge that can prove extremely beneficial in the future. Social media can help you stay top of mind so when the time comes and they’re ready to make a move, you are first person they think of.
What is your favorite social networking site? I would love to hear how it is benefiting your business in the comments below!