Many businesses and professionals are finding themselves in one of the following situations:
- You want to hire someone to help out with your social media, but you don’t know how qualified they are for the job vis a vis their understanding of social media.
- You spend time training your employees in social media and want to ensure they have a baseline aptitude for the job
- You want to assess how well your new employees truly understand social media from a professional perspective
- You are looking for a social media job and want to prove to your potential employers your aptitude for social media.
- You want to be recognized as an expert in social media, not by your Klout score, but by your knowledge of the subject matter
Last month I asked if there should be an aptitude test for social media professionals, and I received a very positive response to my question. At that time, I announced that I was teaming up with the start-up CredSpark to create the first of many future aptitude tests for social media professionals, the first one titled Maximizing Google Plus 2014 (you can take the test yourself here).
My vision for these tests is to provide some sort of certification based on those who read Maximize Your Social to prove that they have truly internalized the information and are someone that I would recommend to any company asking for a referral for social media professionals. Obviously, Maximize Your Social focuses on social media strategy and is not a comprehensive book on all of the detailed tactics one can employ in social media; therefore, when creating the test questions, I focused holistically on those important concepts that I think every social media professional should have an understanding on if they claim that they are a true “expert” of the platform.
Based on the initial feedback, I am happy to announce the publication today of two new social media challenges:
You can access the tests by clicking on the appropriate links above.
One piece of feedback that might interest you is that taking the test itself provides you a unique educational experience in itself by giving you a feel for subject matter you might not know as well as learning in more depth about each platform via my explanations that appear at the end of the test providing you with more background on the correct answers and why incorrect answers were labeled that way.
I look forward to your taking my social media challenges, gathering your feedback, and creating something that will hopefully become an industry standard.
If you’ve taken my tests, what do you think? If not, what’s holding you back?